cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAI Database Monitoring: How-to exclude single error message

0 Kudos

We use technical monitoring in solution manager 7.1 SP10. I have a question to Oracle database monitoring concerning the alert 'Oracle Error Messages'. Is it possible (how?) to exclude specific error messages (-> deadlock = ORA-00060) from monitoring? In filesystem monitoring it is possible to define exclude lists. But I did not find any hint how to do that in this case.

Regards,   Jochen Kauschalek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you use the following 

SysMon_Setup_Examples - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Thanks ,

Manu

0 Kudos

No. I cannot. The Wiki example refers to exclude lists for filesystems. I'm searching for something similiar for Oracle messages. But the parameter 'ORACLE_MESSAGE' in the data collector definition does not allow to use logical operators like '<>'. Thus I don't know how to exclude a specific value.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you click on the green equal sign on your variant you should get a new window and if you hit the yellow arrow you can add a second condition to the * value and exclude the deadlock error message.

As I don't have Oracle for my systems, I assume Tablespace is the value.

0 Kudos

The problem is that there is not such an option for the messages:

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go down 1 more line item to your variant.

0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I'm sorry, but I am not able to do so. If I select the line with the default variant I can't change anything. If I select the line with the new variant I am not able to specify a logical operator. It is just possible to specify a text value.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like you should be able to place a *!deadlock* in that value and have it work correctly.

Another thought, if you return to the metric group and change the operator value for the Messages variant are you able to exclude the deadlock message in this method?

What is the value that is being sent or in the Alert inbox on solman, I'm assuming its longer than what you have in your OP.

0 Kudos

I can't specify an operator for messages, neither for the metric nor for the metric group.

Here's the message:

Regards,   Jochen

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for the late response.

I would be interested in knowing what this does for you?