cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to : Add forecast directly to SAP instead of using a planbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to getting exposed to SAP in my recent project. However as SAP is use I don't want to get too lost. So i'll be grateful for some guidance.

How can I improve the use age of SAP in a company (in terms of planning etc). At the moment the company uses Planbook on excel . MPS gets the forecast, breaks it down to week by week and sends the plan out to the planners, they do there own planning on excel and create/generate Production orders for the shop floor.

How can this process be implemented on SAP? What things I should consider/look at?  I believe SAP is capeable of a lot more. How could forecast be directly uploaded on SAP....I will be grateful of any assistance and guidance.

Kind Regards,

Ghazal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ghazal,

We don't know how is your process, what your users are doing in their Excel files, what are the reasons that they have to work in Excel instead of in the system... So it is not possible to give you a response.

Now, in most of the cases, when the users have not received enough training and they don't feel confortable using the system, they go to the Excel.. if this is the case, I will probably start by making a prototype in the system working with the users or a group of them. You will need to demonstrate that you can do the same in less time and with less effort inside the system than using Excel. When making the prototype you will be able to define master data, configuration, setup and see if you have a GAP.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mariano,

That is the reason. Not trained or comfortable with using the system. The system is installed but people are hesitant and not making use of the system fully hence using excel.

Thank you for your help. My next question is where do I start with the prototype? I have the current situation mapped out but how can I improve SAP (add transactions to train them on etc) I want the MPS to just upload the forecast on to SAP and the planners use SAP to plan. Does that make any sense?

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You posted this thread in the space SAP APO, so I assume you have APO and ECC. APO is a very powerfull tool, so I am quite sure you will get what you want.

How can you start? I would recommend to hire an experienced consultant to help you to build a model. It is important to involve the users, or some of them while working with the prototype. If they are involved in the prototype and they see that it works, they will change their mindset and be convinced that they can use the system

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (0)