Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prohibit use of command PDF!

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way through authorizations to prohibit the use of the command PDF! in the command box. This command triggers the generation and download of a SAP output to PDF format. I know this command can only be used with Smartforms and not with SAPscript but I would like to take this command away for Smartforms as well.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Joris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the code and it seems to be a standard functionality delivered with smartforms. There is no authorization code associated with it. You could implement this by yourself or help with developer. In function group STXBW there is routine cc_exludes that determines which options are available. So at the end using implicit enhancement point you could simply put perform exclude using 'PDFV'. This would disable this option for everyone. If you want to control it by authorization object you can define your own and check for it.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

former_member202818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joris,

1. Disable Goto->PDF Preview

This can be achieve using GuiXT.

For that use transaction SHD0.

2.Disable Command Field

Regards

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would be careful about using GuiXT for authorization purposes. Execution of scripts is under control of client so if users can disable script then they can bypass it.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think BASIS team can help in this.

Cheers

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the code and it seems to be a standard functionality delivered with smartforms. There is no authorization code associated with it. You could implement this by yourself or help with developer. In function group STXBW there is routine cc_exludes that determines which options are available. So at the end using implicit enhancement point you could simply put perform exclude using 'PDFV'. This would disable this option for everyone. If you want to control it by authorization object you can define your own and check for it.

Cheers

0 Kudos

I will have to code something to disable it. Thanks for your help!