cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set mouse cursor to a particluar field - LIST UIBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a list UIBB ( FPM_LIST_UIBB ) to enter material data. Now, in real life scenario the users can enter the data manually or by a barcode scanner.

So in the event "FPM_GUIBB_LIST_CELL_ACTION" i.e. on pressing enter(in case of manual entry) or on scanning( in case of barcode scan) the data is getting populated in the current row and along with that I am adding another blank row in the bottom for the next entry.

All this is working fine.

Now, there is one requirement which has come that I am a bit doubtful about. They want when we scan a barcode and the data gets populated, the mouse cursor to point to a field of the newly added row in the bottom.

Now, is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saikat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,
actually the List ATS UIBB does have a certain mode called "mass edit mode" which might fit for the 
use case / scenario that you have. Therefore I would recommend first to try this, because you get it "for free" so to speak and the effort is almost zero for you. When the mass edit mode is active, new rows will be created automatically by the List ATS UIBB. The user can insert data in the new dummy rows and press enter. Then the dummy rows will be converted into real data rows.

Ok, here is how to activate the mass edit mode: First the feeder not to activate it, this is done in method get_definition, parameter es_options, there set parameter ALLOW_CREATE_ROWS_BY_LIST_UIBB to abap_true.

Additionally it is necessary to set a flag in the configuration, general setting: “automatic row appending”. It is also possible for the feeder class to enable, disable the mass edit mode and pass template values. This is done via feeder class method: get_data, parameter IO_EXTENDED_CTRL, method SET_MASS_EDIT_MODE. Services (like sorting, filtering) are not applied to the new rows. There exists also a example application (application config id: FPM_TEST_LIST_ATS_MV_PASTE_AC).

Now, if this "mass edit mode" is not the feature you need or does not fit your use case then of course you need go the long way. In this case I recommend to use the so called "change log" for changing parameter (see feeder class method get_data, parameter EO_ITAB_CHANGE_LOG). Because when using the change for inserting new rows, the List ATS UIBB will automatically put the focus into the first editable cell of the new row. But before you can use the change log you need to read some docu. This docu can be found in the FPM developers guide:

There in developers guide for 7.03 see "Appendix III: Guidelines for Edit Scenarios for List ATS", page 289.

Kind regards,
Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Many thanks for that detailed explanation.

The problem here is that I am not using the LIST ATS- I am still using the old FPM_LIST_UIBB so many things are not present there.

But I was able to solve this issue by manually adding rows and when I added them I always added a new row at the top so that the mouse cursor will always remain at the newly created row.

Regards,

Saikat