cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy HANA on AWS using CAL Bring your own license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We were asked to get partner edge program to get HANA on AWS. we bought sap partner edge program Innovation pack HANA and DBs.

Now we are trying to use available solution in CAL, but we are only getting access to FREE solutions.

Could anyone help me how to unlock the solution available in CAL with the license we bought (Partner edge program , Innovation pack HANA and DBs).what is the procedure to deploy HANA on AWS with BYOL concept? Please provide any links or related documents on this.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Please visit the SAP Private Partner Demo Showroom

For more information about how the BYOL concept works, see the SCN article.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

Thanks for your reply. I have few questions.

There are Free trial and Subscription solutions in CAL. With Free trial solutions can we use BYOL concept? after initial setup of Free instance with in 30 days can we apply the license?

OR

BYOL concept is only applicable to Subscription solutions only?. Please clarify me.

We bought two Innovation packs 1) Innovation pack HANA & DB . 2) Business one

with this license can we setup ECC HANA on AWS?

Please advice what is the required subscription pack to have ECC on HANA on AWS cloud. one more thing to clarify we use this system only for Development and test purpose. Not production use

Thanks,

Krishna

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, the BYOL concept is applicable to Subscription solutions only. You can also check the legal restrictions.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

Thanks for your reply again.I have few last questions please.

->With the existing license we have (innovation pack HANA &DB, Business one) can we setup ECC HANA on AWS using CAL? or subscription license is must to use CAL solutions.

-> can we get access to OS level using Trial and Subscription solutions?

-> can we import our external transport or data into the system using Trail and Subscription solutions?

If so , please let me know any of links or documents on getting access to OS level.

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (0)