Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring: Threshold-Alert aggregation

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently on Solman 7.1 SP 10. Is it possible to aggregate more than one threshold breach into an alert in technical monitoring of SAP Solman.

Meaning for example I need to send notification to a recipient only when a threshold is breached for more than one occasion for a KPI. I do not want to send a notification on first breach of threshold.

If not in SP 10, is this functionality available in SP 12 ?

Regards,

Ash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

AFAIK, alert send notification only if the previous status was a "green". That is, if after sending the notification was not switching to green status, the next triggering threshold reminder notification will not be sent.

If you need to send a notification is not at the first operation, and when it reaches a certain number of errors, it is necessary to revise the metric or create a new one.

With best regards,

Alexander

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply.

Would like to clarify further. For eg I have set up an alert for frontend response time. I am say polling every minute. I want to send a notification for say for 3 consecutive minutes the threshold is breached. It may so happen that for a minute the threshold is breached and the system returns back to normal. In that situation I do not want the Solman to raise an alert but to wait for few more consecutive threshold breaches before a notification is send across.

Regards,

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ash,

I think you should use Counter Threshold type:

It is imperative that this threshold type be used when you are interested in a short ‘trend of changes (exceeding or falling below the threshold for a few times)’, and not a sporadic change, within the specified time-window.
Specify, in the “Monitored value”, if the Average, Maximum, Minimum or the Summation value has to be considered.
Specify in which case the Rating is to be assigned, if the measured value exceeded the threshold, or if it fell below the threshold.
When this threshold type is used, values of metric are evaluated for a given window of time. A rating is assigned only if the value exceeded (or fell below) the threshold a minimum number of occurrences within this time-window.
Specify the length of this time, preferably as a multiple of the “Collection interval” (refer to “Data Collection” tab in “Expert mode”), and the minimum number of occurrences that must be considered before a rating is assigned.
A numeric value of the threshold must be maintained for each of the four possibilities, viz. Green to Yellow (G2Y), Yellow to Red (Y2R), Red to Yellow (R2Y) and Yellow to Green (Y2G). Having two different values for Y2R and R2Y, for example, helps to support the hysteresis in the variation, or reduces the frequent flickering of values, and so on for G2Y and Y2G.
A simplified result of the expected runtime behavior would be as shown.With best regards,

With best regards,

Alexander

Answers (0)