cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance standard ALV within POWL within WDA component ?

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's,

I have an standard Webdynpro Component, which makes use of POWL_UI_COMP and which makes use of POWL_TABLE_COMP and SALV_WD_TABLE.

My requirement is to enhance the SALV_WD_TABLE component, such that the standard buttons 'Print Version' and 'Export' should be hided.

I got the code to hide those standard buttons, which should be implemented in WDDOINIT method. It work's, if i create a custom component and make use of this standard ALV component.

But, since my requirement is to enhance the standard component, i am not clear on where i should implement this code. If i enhance the standard POWL component, will it affect all other application's that make's use of this POWL component ? If yes, then what sort of code should i implement in the uppermost application, such that it will enhance the ALV display only for that application ?

Below is the technical help screenshot of my application.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Proceed as below to achieve your requirement.

• Identify the application configuration of your WD application
  • Edit the application configuration i.e. change configuration
  • Clear the below marked check boxes and save the changes,  to hide the pdf print and excel export

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishnappa,

Unfortunately, i am not able to fix the issue. I am trying to modify the powl based standard component EAMS_WDC_JOB to hide those standard button's. But, i am not able to see the option's that you mentioned. If it is through admin code, is there any other way apart from passing URL parameter ? If not, can you provide me with exact URL parameter that i need to pass to run in admin mode ?

Also, i am trying to modify the text 'Job List' that is displayed on the top.

Can you please have a look at the component and help me in fixing the issue ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Instead of modifying the standard component , it is better if we hide the buttons through application configuration. For this, run the application in admin mode and right click on the button , select the option to hide the button.

Regards,

Harsha

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for the information. But, i am not able to see the option's to hide the standard button's like 'Print Version' and 'Export' in admin mode. Can you please provide me the step's or screenshot on how to achieve it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you hide the buttons using admin mode,the changes will reflect to all users who all using/accesing this POWL component....Is this what your looking for?

Thanks

KH

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please check the following two links for the same.

Customizing Web Dynpro Applications - Web Dynpro ABAP Configuration Framework - SAP Library

Personalizing Web Dynpro Applications - Web Dynpro ABAP Configuration Framework - SAP Library

Personalizing by this way would reflect to all users.

Regards,

Harsha

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Katrice,

I am trying to modify the powl based standard component EAMS_WDC_JOB to hide those standard button's. But, i am not able to see the option's in admin mode.

Also, i am trying to modify the text 'Job List' that is displayed on the top.

Can you please have a look at the component and help me in fixing the issue ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.