cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Direct Site Access

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have found that when my key users want to access the Cloud Portal through a direct link to the Portal Site, they aren’t automatically SSO’d in. They have to visit the site admin page and then click on the link of the site. Is there any way to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eliel_schurman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to "Assigning Site Access" section in SAP HANA Cloud Portal Documentation

Regards,

Eliel.

Cloud Portal Development.

0 Kudos

Hi Eliel,

I have already set the site access to Authenticated, but the problem is that the SAML login process doesn't occur unless they first go to the site admin page ([account_name].neo.ondemand.com/portal/index.html).

eliel_schurman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What is the browser you are using?

2. And if you are setting the site to be public it doesn't work as well?

Regards,

Eliel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Just to make sure this is the status:

1. You have created a site, set its "site level access" to authenticated.
  2. all pages within the site use parent level access permissions.
  3. The site is published (there aren't any changes that were not published)
  4. When a site viewer tries to enter a site using a URL like <account_name>.neo.ondemand.com/portal/cloud-portal/index.html?id=<ID>&mode=consumption
    he is promoted to enter credentials?

Best,

Sapir

0 Kudos

I am using Chrome, Version 40.0.2214.111 m.

Even with Public, it doesn't let my users SSO automatically into the portal or allow them to log in. My specific portal needs the authentication step as it is integrated with C4C via the C4C widgets.

0 Kudos

Hi Sapir,

The first three assumptions are correct. However, the last one is the opposite - When a site viewer tries to enter a site using a URL like the one mentioned above, it doesn't ask him to enter credentials. I want to force the user to be authenticated at that step via SAP ID or SSO, so that he can view the C4C widgets (they are only viewable if the email address of the site viewer matches an email address stored in Cloud for Customer).

-Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Eliel,

I must have made a mistake while configuring the access because once I changed the initial site page from authenticated to public, published, then changed it back to authenticated, published, and it is now working for me. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

-Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Sapir,

I must have made a mistake while configuring the access because once I changed the initial site page from authenticated to public, published, then changed it back to authenticated, published, and it is now working for me. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

-Anurag