cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy HTML5 project to SMP3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have written in HTML5 application and would like to "deploy" the javascript, css and html files to SMP3.0. Are there any step-by-step guides and/or best practices how to do this? It would be fantastic if someone could provide a link to any documents available. I have been searching the web and scn but cannot really find anything.

Thank you very much!

Nils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

Not sure if you have already gone through Kapsel based app development in SMP 3.0 . It is an HTML5 based app development. In general, kapsel is a set of plugins that enhance Apache Cordova with functionality such as a stream-lined logon to an SMP 3.0 server, the ability to update deployed applications, encrypted storage and push notifications.

Have a look at

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jetendra. I will have a read through the document. But for now I am just interested to deploy a simple HTML5 app which can be accessed via desktop browser. I have mentioned to deplay the .war file to the SMP server and it looks like it was correctly deployed to the webapps. The only thing I am struggeling with is a 403 Forbidden error when I try to access the app.

Thanks again for your response!

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to access HTML5 app through a desktop browser then in this case Kapsel plugins wont help you as cordova framework is only for Hybrid apps.

Can you share the steps you followed for your app development? Share the screenshot of the error as well.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK

I have figured out what I needed to do. After creation of the .war file from Eclipse one has to put the war file into the "pickup" folder on SMP. SMP then automatically deploys the files into webapps and provided the port configuration is correct :-)) the application can be accessed via smp.server.com/<war-filename>.

Thanks again for your support!

Best regards, Nils

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad you found the solution and thanks for sharing it with us. Please close this thread if your query has been answered.

Regards,

JK

Answers (0)