cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download file from url

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to PI and need your help. I need to get the file from a third party server using the url. The file is a csv file and the third party url looks like a java servlet call and the csv file comes as the response.I have gone through the forums and see that I can write java proxy to download the file. Also the url has the parameters which will be dynamic like passing the today' date. I am wondering if there is any standard way of getting the file downloaded in ftp location using PI.

Regards,

sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriam,

First of all you say that the file is in an URL and later that you can get it via FTP, this is contradictory.

If you want to get the file via http in an URL you can follow the Michal's blog , pay attention that you will need to deploy the AXIS library, this library is not installed by defect in PI. You don't need to develop a java proxy.

If you want to get a file via FTP you have the standard module File adapter but your sender has to have a server FTP installed.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

Sorry for delayed reponse.

My Bad !!! its not ftp its the fileshare. I am looking to download the file from url and place in fileshare.Thanks for sharing that link, I looked at the links that you have provided, but we are on  7.11 SP 5. Downloading via axis adapter is only possible from SP6. So have written the  code to download the file.

Thanks, I am closing the thread.

Regards,

Sriram.

Answers (0)