Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS: Read document binary data stored in a 3rd party repository

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm totally new regarding SAP DMS and I'm a bit confused about what can or can't do, so maybe the question will be quite generic and unclear.

The scenario in my company is that we have multiple repository servers where we store our documents. When a document is created or modified in one of these repositories a new record is also created/modified in SAP DMS, but this DMS entry only contains the basic metadata information and a URL link to the document, not the content. When the user is in SAP DMS, the only way to access the document content, is via the link that will open the browser outside of SAP GUI and access the repository data using the laptop credentials.

I would like to know if DMS provides some kind of interface to be able to access the document content from SAP. Now we only have this unidirectional interface from the repository that creates the record in DMS with the metadata but there is nothing to retrieve the content.

Our main purpose is that we want to download all the files linked to a user (we have a logic to determine if a DMS file is linked to a user). The content of these files may be stored in different content repositories. So I would like to read the binary data in SAP from the different repositories and then be able to download it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

- Marçal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You Try using FM 'CV120_KPRO_CHECKOUT' This would allow you to download the file at the front end Path or May be 'CV120_DOC_CHECKOUT_VIEW'

Regards

S S B

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

This FM can't work since there is nothing configured in SAP to access to the file content. The DMS record only has a URL pointing to it.

Actually what I want to know is what do I have to configure in SAP in order to be able to use a FM like the one you mentioned.