cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagram and symbols do not get created when importing BPMN 2.0 model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I import a BPMN file into PowerDesigner and the objects are created, but the symbols or diagram doesn't. Why this happen?

There is anyway to create the diagram importing a BPMN file? No just the objects in the browser tree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello thanks to all, I did resolve the problem. In the .bpmn was an URL that doesn't exist, and that was the error.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PD help file (Importing and Exporting BPMN 2.0 Files) says that it supports the import of BPMN 2 diagrams. Does your file actually contain diagram metadata? If it doesn't, perhaps you're expected to create the diagram yourself (every new model has a default diagram, which explains why you have an empty diagram).

As Adam says, you can addd the symbols via the 'Show Symbols' dialogue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this same thing happens when models are merged and new objects come into the receiving model. Imports are done at the model level, and because a model can have multiple diagrams, the symbols may appropriately be placed in 1-m diagrams.  Since the tool can't/won't make that decision for the modeler, the modeler gets to place the symbols where they are needed after the objects come into the model.  Seems reasonable when you think about it from that perspective.

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ireiba,

Are you able to turn the symbols on manually by going to Symbol--Show Symbols and checking off the symbols to view?

Adam