cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing and configuring CI3.0 on MDM3.0 using the SAP installation guide for Content Integrator 3.0. There is a particular step which asks to login to the MDM portal as the CIADMIN (created on installation of CI3.0) user which further instructs us to set up the CI from portal.When i logged in as CIADMIN i got a blank creen without any content. And when i searched for roles assigned to CIADMIN i found that MasterDataAdmin role has been assigned. But still i'm not getting any content available for that user.What can be done to this.Pls help me in this regard.

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ch_loos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gopinath,

from the Installation guide:

6.3 Configuring CI Users in the UME

After you have installed SAP Content Integrator (CI), you need to assign the required roles to the users CIADMIN and CIREMOTE. These users were created during the installation. They require a certain set of CI roles for permissions and rights in the CI.

CIADMIN is an administrative user used to start the initial configuration.

You must assign the following roles to the users:

User CI Role (in UME)

CIADMIN MasterDataAdmin

Please note the prerequisites (e.g. 6.2.Synchronizing roles in the UME).

If the roles are synchronized the user CIADMIN will automatically have the role SAP_WP_MDM_MASTER_DATA_ADMIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Chris

I have the corresponding question:

How can we check that the roles in UME and ABAP are synchronized?

e.g. I have assigned the role MasterDataAdmin to the user CIADMIN in the UME and on the r/3 part user CIADMIN has no roles (after 3 days not after 30 minutes)

Well I want to know how can I check the role mapping between UME,ABAP and Portal.

Could you help?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

ch_loos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gopinath,

the CIADMIN user must have the ABAP role MasterDataAdministrator assigned as well as the User Management Engine (UME) role. During the CI installation there is a mapping created between UME groups and respective ABAP roles.

The assignment of roles which result from assignments of ABAP roles to UME roles are cached. It takes about 30 minutes until a new assignment is visible for CI.

Please note that Content Integrator AddIn J2EE Engine needs to be installed according to SAP Note 827235 with option ‘ "Use ABAP system for users and groups" (SAP Exchange Infrastructure only)’ enabled.

If you're still having problems please open an OSS ticket.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

But according to the installion guide for CI3.0 the user CIADMIN has no Abap role assigned to it.

This is the text taken from the installation guide.

CIREMOTE has the ABAP roles SAP_MDM_REMOTE_CI_REMOTE_I and

SAP_MDM_REMOTE_CI_REMOTE_II. These roles are automatically assigned

by the installer. In addition, assign the collective role

SAP_WP_MDM_REMOTE_CI_REMOTE to the user CIREMOTE manually.

CIADMIN has no ABAP roles.

Is there any other possiblity to check this out.

regards

Gopi