cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report for Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey People,

We were creating report of item and trying to extract the data from table /RPM/ITEM_D found out that it has more entries than actual number of items. while analyzing it found out that whenever an initiative is created , entry gets created in /RPM/ITEM_D table . So is it ok or is there any other table for Master Table of Items?

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

yes, it is correct.

The entry point table for the initiative is INM_INITIATIVE contains only the link to the item_guid and the  dpr_guid (cproject).  The details (all the fields you see in the UI) are stored in the item tables (include /RPM/ITEM_D) the and cproject tables.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mariano & Zhenbo for your prompt reply. So is there any table which only stores item related data or we have to go take INITITAIVE_GUID from /RPM/ITEM_D table to take the Item associate with the initiative.

Regards,

Alex

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex;

There are a lot of Item Portfolio tables, for example:

If you wanna get all tables --> http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55775

If you don't understand the concept of Item I refer you to the blog --> http://scn.sap.com/community/plm/rpm-collaborative-project-management-and-cfolders/blog/2013/03/22/h...

You can use fm --> /RPM/ITEM_DISPLAY to get all Item data without select data from tables.

Best regards,

Mariano

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am really not get your last question.

Do you want to known the DB tables for an item\initiative?

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mariano.

For really helpful links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Currently we require items related to the Initiative . So we are taking the Items from /RPM/ITEM_D table where initiative_guid field is non-empty or is there any other way to get this relationship ? And regarding DB table i was asking is there any table which stores solely item related data.

Regards,

Alex

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

what do you refer to 'item' here. Is it an item which the user really see in the UI or the all the technical object, like the business object initiative is partly builded up using item internally.

'Items related to the initiative' : do you mean the items assigned to an initiative (which user can see it in the UI?

If you would like retrieve all the data of business object items , I would suggest to use the table /rpm/item_h as entry point. select all the records, collect the values of 'Detail _guid'.  Then uses the collected table of 'detail_guid' to retrieve all other releated tables like /rpm/item_d.

If the external-id of a business object item is known, you can then direct access the /rpm/item_d.

All the related tables for a given guid, you can uses the report dpr_guid_analayze.

P.S: the table /rpm/item_d does not have a filed naes 'initiative_guid'.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

We want only portfolio items as we see in UI which are associated with Portfolio initiatives.

for PS:

Regards,

Alex

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, omehow I overlooked it regarding initiative_guid.

Regarding the assigned items of an initiative, the /rpm/item_d is the right table using initiative_guid = inm_initiative-guid.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex;

The master table of Item it's /RPM/ITEM_D, them you have another tables of secondary objects (ex. Decision Points, object links, finantial & capacity planning, etc).

What kind of data you want to show at report?

Best regards,

Mariano