Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Dchl & Division-Configuration

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured common distribution channel & division.

In Distribution channel ,i have two

CR,CW.I have made CR as reference distribution channel.

In Division,i have two

EH,ES.I have made ES as reference division.

You may see my sales area assignment also in screen shot.

Customer master creation

When i tried to create customer master with sales area CDOM/CR/EH,CDOM/CW/EH,CDOM/CW/ES system is not allowing me to create customer.

I am getting error message.

If i create with sales area CDOM/CR/ES ,i could create customer.

My doubt is

1)Suppose if we create customer with CDOM/CR/ES,then it will applicable for all these combination.We cannot separately create.

Is this assignment will help the customer to buy materials from both the division ES,EH

Material master

When i create material with combination CDOM/CW i cannot create.Only with combination CDOM/CR,i can create material.

Then what is the use of common distribution & division function.By doing the assignment it freezes the system from creating either Customer & material master.

My doubt is 1)material can be sold in any distribution channel,i am surprised why system is not allowing to create material in other distribution channel.Then instead of creating common distribution channel,i can simply extend the material & customers to different distribution channel.(It is been told common distribution channel help in reducing the multiple extension of material to other distribution channel ).Then why SAP have given this functionality.Then what for we require common distribution & division function.

Kindly advise me.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tested the same having Common Dchl & Division .

Common Dchl:CR (CR & CW)

Common Division:ES (ES & EH)

Customer Master creation:

While creating a customer  we have to key in Dchl & Division which we have assigned as Common Dchl & Division

Material Master creation:

While creating a material we have to key in Distribution channel which we have assigned as Common Dchl

Note:

Apart from commonly assigned Dchl & Division system will not allow other division & dchl for creating Customer master .

Apart from commonly assigned Dchl system will not allow other  dchl for creating Customer master .

I have removed the common Dchl & Division

I have Created a material with Dchl:CW.

And latter on assigned Common Dchl & Division .

While creating a sales order came to understand that Sales order cannot be created with material having  Dchl -CW,i have to extend it with common division CR,else system will not allow to process further.

Also we could notice that sales document can be of any sales area CDOM/CW/EH i.e Dchl can be CR/CW Division can be EH/ES

If any expert inputs please provide

Thanks,

Pradeep

milind_kandale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You need to extend all the division to the customer so you will not face issue in creating order.

For example you have div 10 20 30 40 and CO is assigned to all then these division then your order will get created even there is no master data for division 10. Now in your case if you dont want the common division you will have to give one to one relation of distribution channel and div and will have to create customer sales area accordingly for ex

1000 10 10 

1000 10 20

1000 10 30 etc.

Hope you got what I have suggested,

Thank you,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

uses of common division means if the scenario will have many line item in same product division and customer is eligible to purchase of all products then this case to avoid the repetition of sale areas.

for that we create one dummy division and assign to sale areas then go to common division and assign this dummy division to your related combination

Thanks

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As per my idea ,Common division concept will be used for creating the master data most of the cases. for example if we have 100 divisions and if we need to create customer master record for all the divisions is actually a time taking process. in order to overcome this, SAP has provided the functionality of common division. So that,  we can assign all divisions to one common division and we just create the customer master record in the common division once. then we can use the customer master record for all the divisions for the further process.

and same thing for distribution channel, when it comes to the material master records.

Hope its helpful.

Thanks,

ADITHYA V.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extending Pradeep's logic - The Transactions can be created using all 100 Divisions and Channels. And hence reporting can also be done by specific (division,Channel)

So all the effort of creating 100*100 master records is thus saved.