cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity of exchange rates are not considered in APO DP planning books

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus

There are couple of posts on this topic without any conclusive reply and so I am posting this again.

We plan and manage data in multiple currencies and wish to maintain the same in APO DP. We have defined an exchange rate type in the planning area  which is used for planning purposes. Please note that we have defined only one planning area  for all global products hence data is stored in one currency only.Exchange rates between different currencies for this exchange rate type are maintained in ECC and then transferred to APO via RSA1 using standard functionality. While exchange rates are maintained with validity (valid from date) in this table, APO DP planning books only consider latest exchange rates. This behaviour changes the data in the planning book every time there is a change in the exchange rates and is a complete nonsense.

I believe there is a macro function CURR_CONV_FACTOR() which can be used to bring exchange rates as key figures in the planning book based on validity but given that this macro works only between 2 exchange rates and we use 10 different currencies, its not feasible to use this macro function for all combinations.

Is there any other way to have exchange rates based on validity ? Does SAP has any guidelines / best practice on how to handle multiple currency scenarios in DP.

We are on APO V5.1.

Thanks

Zorba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zorba

We face exactly the sames issue. How did you solve it please ?

Best Regards

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zorba,

You can check the TCURR table for currency conversion rates.

There is one field "Valid From" in this table which drives the currency conversion in Planning Books.

Normally we transfer these exchange rates with a frequency of Quarterly in a Year with Graying out the Planning book for old data so that overwrite will not happen.

So that latest conversion rate will only change the future data from when it was being applicable.

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish

Thanks for the message.

Unfortunately your observation is not correct. If you change an exchange rate with future validity,

currency data in the entire horizon (past and future) adopts to that exchange rate.

It doesn't matter whether KF is ready for input or not as data is stored in any one currency only in PA and conversion happen only when you change the currency in the planning book (column 0)

Do some more testing and you will notice the above behaviour.

btw, which version of SCM are you on ?

Cheers

Zorba, the Budha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zorba,

In my current project there is nothing this type of scenario.

In my old account they use currency exchange rates so whatever i had in mind i just tell you.

If i get any thing i love to help you.

Thanks and regards,

Nitish