cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend SAP Work Manager funcionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is it possibile to extend the SAP Work Manager to provide additional functionalities?

I need to connect to third party services and allow users to interact with them through new screens and transactions.

Is it possible?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer blog which explains the key feature and functionality.

Thanks

Resmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for answering,

I'd like to extend the original question.

Supposed that integration is possible with third party services, does Agentry provides a feasible way to create complex application screens, with complex nested objects, cool graphics, animations, and even articulated interactions with such services, all integrated in the existing Work Manager application?

Is it feasible or I'm better to find another way (i.e. native application)?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For cool graphics, animations and others you will need to use OpenUI controls in Agentry and then program this part using the native device programming language.

With OpenUI you may have some limitations sharing data between the Agentry side to the OpenUI native side. As far as I know you can't access the content of a complex table for instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marcal for your answer.

Is Open UI intended just for graphics, or it supports other capabilities (i.e., networking, local DB )?

I mean, with Open UI can I develop an independent app that lives embedded in Work Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use OpenUI to talk to other applications and change how the screen looks.  It is not designed to change how the client network connection to the server, or access the client database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there tutorials, documentation, links or other references to Open UI?

I'd like to have a deeper aunderstanding.

Thank you

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

A good starting point is the SAP Help Documentation

Agentry OpenUI API

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp306sdk/helpdata/en/7c/0591b97006101489caceb9dee3539e/content.htm?

Also the SMP SDK has sample OpenUI projects you can refer to.

Cheers,

Stephen

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can extend Work Manager with new screens and functionality.

To connect to 3rd party services probably you will need to use OpenUI feature and then use your mobile device native programming language to enhance the application with what you need from these services.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Open UI will only be needed if you are wanting to create different controls on the screen or typically need to interact with something from a hardware layer. 

To access additional services you can simply connect Work Manager to additional backend systems and treat them accordingly.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you suggest is:

1. Extend the standard Work Manager application with new definitions in the Agentry editor
  2. Develop suitable Java code to connect such definitions to backend systems (to enable Fetches ad Transactions). How does the Exchange Data Model fit this scenario?
  3. Deploy the customized Work Manager

?

Thank you

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Andrea,

1. Yes, create a new system connection, Agentry objects, fetches, screens, transactions, actions, etc as needed for the functionality related to the new backened.
  2. Depending on what type of backend system(s) (Java, SQL, HTTP/XML) you are connecting to will determine what type of steps need to be defined.  In terms of the Exchange Date Model, depending on the capabilities / access to the other backend systems will determine if you can utilize an exchange model or not for that data
  3. Correct

If you are new to Agentry I would also recommend that you look at the SAP classes MOB300 (a base Agentry class) and MOB310 (SAP WM Class).  Also check out the training section SMP: Agentry is here to stay

Alternatively you can also look at the creating your own Agentry application: Agentry - Build your own Apps

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill,

just one question: The Exchange Data Model is not mandatory for an Agentry app to work properly?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The exchange data model is not mandatory, but using it provides for smaller data transmits after the initial load since you are only sending what is changed not every object every time.

--Bill