cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver FTP adapter is processing same file multiple times, even without sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario(File to FTP without ESR ) while processing the file,  File(FTP) receiver adapter is sending the same file multiple times(n number of times) until I am not stopping the receiver adapter. I tried with stopping the sender file adapter, even though, File(FTP) receiver adapter is sending the file until I am not stopping the receiver adapter manually. Please see the below screenshot for Receiver FTP adapter.

Please advise.

Processing Mode

FTP config

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan khan,

Could you please check the processing mode in sender file adapter processing mode make it as archive or delete as per your requirement .

Thanks

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit and Giridhar,

Thanks a lot for your your quick response. I have already tried with delete and archive option in sender adapter, moreover I stopped the sender communication completely, but still receiver adapter is sending the same file to target FTP server nonstop repeatedly.

This is weird for me, please advise.

Thanks,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan

This is really weird. What is the status of the message it is showing in runtime work bench?

The receiver adapter only try to resend the same message if it failed on first attempt.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

In RWB and PIMON the message status is green. I believe receiver channel is processing all the old message from queue, because I channel after a successful test, I stopped the receiver channel but the sender channel was not stooped. Consequently now all the old message from sender channel queue is delivering to receiver channel whenever I am starting the receiver channel.

could you please let me know how can I clear all the old message queue from receiver channel.

I am using ICO to process the message.

Thanks,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

When you say old messages, do you see files being picked up by Sender channel and are in Scheduled state in PI? If so you can delete them. Also as suggested earlier,

Please check the source directory once and see if the file is indeed getting archived/deleted. Also please confirm if its not running in test mode.

Regards,

Sriram

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

In this case why cant you delete all the messages in queues and try it if the issue is happening again.

usually with out picking the file from the sender channel the messages will not process multiple times for sure..

check it once again.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen and everyone,

There are 5000 old message which are "waiting status" in receiver channel to be delivered. I need to delete these messages, could anyone please suggest me how to delete it. I am using ICO.

Thanks,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to runtime workbench and then select the mesasges whic are in waiting status.

Select all of them and click cancel . That's it.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to every one, the issue has been resolved by cancelling all the message in "waiting" status.

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

May be your system is in cluter enviroment.

Try with the parameters clustersyncmode and/or useCanonicalPath.

Check these notes:

801926 - XI 3.0 File Adapter: Additional Parameters

1470921 - Multiple file processing due to different absolute paths

Regards.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Farhan,

Please check if any other interface is using same receiver channel. Check channel "Where-Used List".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Please check the source directory once and see if the file is indeed getting archived/deleted. Also please confirm if its not running in test mode.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your sender adapter and make sure that the processing mode is not 'Test'.If u keep the  mode as 'test' then the same file will be sent again and again.

Thanks,

Indrajit