Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table overflow, only header row fits on page, avoid header

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I encountered the following problem with adobe forms. The form consists of a table with a header row and (for sure) a data part. The table is encapsulated on a subform. If the table doesn't fit on one page, it breaks correctly to the next page (including header).

Because the table is not the onliest content of my page, it could happen that only the header row fits on the first page. So after the header, I get a page break. Is it possible to avoid the output of the table on first page, if only the header row will fit on it?

Currently it looks like this:

FIRST PAGE

bla bla bla bla

bla bla bla

HEADER

<-- page break -->

NEXT PAGE

HEADER

DATA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Isn't it possible to deselect the "allow page breaks" flag for the whole table control, since the table and header needs to be displayed together all the time?

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Niels,

thanks for your suggestion. Because the table doesn't fit at one page, I need a page break. I tried to deselect the flag but it results in a table without any breaks. Thats not a solution for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Maybe it 's resolved by wrapping the table into a flowed subform which allows page breaks?

Another option might also be to check the "Keep With:  Next" flag on the pagination tab of the Header.

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Niels,

thanks for you help. I tried a lot with the "Keep with:" options the last couple of hours and now I double checked the flags.

I missed the flag "Keep with: NEXT" at table header level. Now it works as expected.

The table is part of a subform of type "flow". For the subform, I also checked the Keep with flag becasue the subform contains more than just the table.

Now, if only the header row fits on the first page, the whole subform starts at the next page. If the table needs much more space, it correctly breaks at the end of the next page.

Thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Try using conditionay page break technique if you could find the length of the header in run time. The lenght of the header text should be used atleast one item should be in the first page after the Header

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it should be possible by script or conditional page break. But how can I determine if more than just the header fits on first page?

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Could you share the header content and based on what is changes

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Also make sure the font size is not high. It the header is still going for a page long use this technique.