cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update control parameter from EM to TM?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to update control parameter from EM to the Reference document in TM. The code has to been developed in EM. Please let me how to achieve this??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Assuming you want to update some parameter in TM, upon receipt of an event message in EM,

you can use the following rule set activity function : /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF.

This should make an RFC connection to SAP TM from EM and update the reference document.

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Can i have a reference code for the same?

With Regards

Gaurav

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on what exactly you want to update in TM. Maybe you can give an example.

The rule set activity function /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF, that Deb already mentioned, can be used to propagate the event message to the related TOR document in SAP TM. This will persist a subset of the event message data in node EXECUTIONINFORMATION of the TOR object.

You can then implement custom enhancement in SAP TM that is triggered by this new entry in node EXECUTIONINFORMATION to execute specific updates/actions.

For more (high-level) information regarding this you can check chapter "Enhancement possibilities for custom updates in TM" in document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33550 .

Another possibility would be to implement you own ruleset activity in EM, that triggers the desired TM update directly. But for this you would need a new RFC in TM, that can be called and that takes care of the action that shall ba called.

I think you will have to implement the logic for the TM update inside TM, which then can either be triggered by new entry in node EXECUTIONINFORMATION (from SAP TM) or directly by ruleset activity from SAP EM.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

How is your follow up qquestion is the correct answer ?

Please rereward points appropriately. It keeps me motivated

Thanks,

Deb