cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not authorized for Data Preview

0 Kudos

I am running SAP HANA Development on SAP HANA Cloud Platform with a trial account. I have created two Attribute Views and one Analytic View. I have executed an SQL instruction [1] in order to execute Data Preview of both Attribute Views, but this instruction does not allow me to execute Data Preview of the Analytic View. Eclipse shows this error message: «Cannot get the data provider outline - SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized».

How can I grant my user authorization in order to execute Data Preview for an Analytic View?

Best regards.

[1] call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECT"('package', 'name_attribute_view')

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please remove all tables from the schema "DEV_***" . And also remove any reference to these tables in any modeling objects (analytic view, attribute view etc.).

Ideally all tables & stored procedure should be created in the schema "NEO_****".

Then on the SQL console of the system, call the below code

CALL "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"

Data preview issues will be resolved and also you could see the schema "_SYS_BIC" too.

Regards

Dinesh

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess data preview for analytic view in trial account does not work for some reason. Please check the following thread.

The author mentions that he is using calculation view for workaround. Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

I have been trying to [Data Preview] of Attribute View in Trial account and getting

Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized.

Spent a lot of time to understand what Roles are assigned to this Trial Account user, what roles can be assigned to the User in order to proceed with first steps of creating tables, information models. However, stuck at the begining that not able to preview data. Request you add details about how we can progress solving this issue.

Regards,

Bojja

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you execute query to grant select permission on the object. Otherwise by default you will not have data preview permission.

You may have to execute

CALL "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"

Please have a look at this . This blog also gives you a nice start about developing application in trial HCP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhankar