cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP intelligent Packing Proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear masters,

Now, we got a requirement from users about packing.User want to let SAP give proposal to pack based on volume of packing material and packed material in order to not waste space of packing material and pack material uttermostlyby less packing materials. Can SAP be able to realize it so intelligently?  If not, how can I reject such reuqirement politely and reasonablely?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you could by adjusting packing instructions target and rounding quantity.

For example, you pack material B (1 unit weight 1 kilo) in packing material A whose capacity with this combination is 4 kilos.

Packing instruction AA could look like this:

.. typ..comp..short ext................... target qty ........rounding qty  .. units

10 P   A        packing material                 1                                      un

20 M   B       to be packed material          4                     4               un

everytime you pack, every pack will be full (4 un > 4 kilos). In a delivery of 20 un automatic packing will be 5 units (boxes) of material A. Now what happens if qty is 22?  System will pack only 20, so you need to create a second packing instruction to pack the rest. Let´s imagine, to symplify, when not using 4 units capacity box, you use a 1 un capacity box (material C). Your second packing instruction BB would look like:

..  typ  comp..short text...................target qty ...... rounding qty... units

10 P    C       packing material 2            1                                       un

20 M   B       to be packed material        1                      1               un

your packing intruction (POF1) would look like:

Mat... Pack Isntr....Pack Instr 1...

B       AA                BB

Now with 22 units in your delivery system would pack fully 7 boxes (5 with capacity of box 4 units and 2 with capacity of box 1 unit).

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xizhe,

was it helpful?

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Mas. I was on holiday those days, I will test when I am available. and let you know ASAP. You are so warm-hearted, ^^.