Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosting own server for SAP JAM at my own place

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts

If we are using  SAP JAM Enterprise version, where the data and documents share across the SAP JAM is going store? Is it in succssfactors/sap database? Can t we have host own server for SAP JAM at my own place?

Regard

Hamid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

SAP Jam is a cloud only solution. All data is securely store in SAP data centers. We do have data center in different regions; when you sign a contract you can pick one of the data centers.

Best,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rüdiger

You mean to say, though we have purchased SAP JAM Enterprise Version, we cannot get this installed on own hardware and it only available on SAP owned data centers.

However I can see available data centers in http://global.sap.com/corporate-en/our-company/policies/cloud/pdf/list-of-data-centers-for-cloud-ser...

We are looking for one of the Middle East country.I don't think so Sap data center is available for this region.

However  to keep privacy of the sensitive data, rather SAP owned data centers, we prefer to host the SAP JAM at our owned location.

Is it possible get SAP JAM as a product and get installed on own premises ?

Regards

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

As I said earlier: SAP Jam is a cloud only solution. It is not possible to get it as an installable product which you can install in your own data center.

Currently there is no data center in the Middle East.

Regards,

Rüdiger

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks Rüdiger for making it more clear cut.

As per my client constraints, as SAP JAM is cloud only solution, considering not using it for enterprise social media application and adopting any other Enterprise  social media product (which can be installed at own place) and further if in case of introducing integration of SAP CRM & SAP JAM, what about sharing data/information over the SAP CRM Web UI using SAP JAM features? , where this data is going store? again on SAP Data center right?

Regards

Hamid

Message was edited by: Hamid Abdul

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The actual CRM data is not stored in SAP Jam. The data stays in the CRM system. The CRM system exposes the data via an OData service.SAP Jam consumes the service at runtime. This means that SAP Jam calls the OData service as the user that is logged on to SAP Jam. The OData service checks the users authorization and only returns data that the user is authorized to see.

Answers (0)