cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i change the save location path

Former Member

hello,

i looked, but cannot find where to change the default save location ( c:\users\ . . . .) that lumira uses.

i need to be able to select a location on my hard drive. is this possible?

the save field has a find option. when i click on it, nothing happens. has this option worked for anyone?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As far as I know, we cannot save the file in other location using SAP LUmira other than the repository created during installation "C:\Users\USER\Documents\SAP Lumira Documents".

But we are allowed to copy the .lums files from the repository to any other location.

And to add a point, the .lums file in other locations other than the repository cannot be accessed until we import it again to the repository.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sateesh,

really - the default location currently can't be changed

i am truly speechless! ! !

i am equally shocked that this was thought to be a good idea in the first place and that there hasn't been a gazillion requests to have this changed. this isn't a "user friendly" location.

i'm wondering if there is a list of requests to have this changed.

thank you for letting me know about this problem.

tracy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, there is a dedicated space for logging enhancement requests, it's called the "Ideas Place" and i can confirm that this requirement has been requested before, but hasn't been implemented yet. Use Industry Standardes the Save and Save As dialogs : View Idea

it could also be argued that this binding to the User / Lumira Documents path forces compliance / helps with governance in multi-user deployment environments.

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

At the multinational company I work we can't role out Lumira due to not being able to change the default save path location. We have a quota on the desktop / documents at 200Mb as it for personal documents. Our  other report / universe files are saved to a share on the SAN. It is good that we can now virtualize the Lumira app but we can't role out until we can set the default save path.

Regards

D

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

I just created a document that shows the workaround on how to do it. Take a look at here.

Plus it is a nice feature to have and i have voted for your idea.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

There is no command line listed your configuration file to set the save location?

We think it is defined by the setting in your configuration item line in some files for SAP Lumira

Best regards

Alex yang

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy - it is saved in c:\users\your name\Documents\SAP Lumira Documents

I think this thread still applies - it is not possible to change, as far as I can tell

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tammy,

okay, at least on the post that you included in the link, i see that this has been brought up before now.

sadly though, it doesn't seem like the development team deems this problematic, as the date of the post was 2013 and it's now 2015. i guess because they aren't actual "users".  i can say that being a retired programmer - i always used the software that i created from a user perspective to see if something annoyed me - things that annoyed me, i changed.

is there a way to put in requests to have features changed?

i saw the "send feedback" option on the help menu. is that what should be used?

thank you

tracy

Message was edited by: Henry Banks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tracy - that is probably something for SAP to respond to - generally they refer everyone to Idea Place to suggest and vote for ideas - ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira

I am only a customer

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

Please use the Idea Place to vote. This is a known enhancement item. It is always difficult to make a priority choice especially when there are a lot of stakeholders and multiple imperatives.

That is not to say that development does not deem it important. If that was the case we would have closed the idea.  Over the past year we have picked up a lot of enhancement requests from Idea Place and have been able to deliver on many of the ideas that our customers have provided.

Thanks

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon, I'm not sure is this the right place to ask the question, put feel free to move my responce to some other forum if needed. We have in our company (130 000 employees) a global Hana implementation going on and we would like to use Lumira for our frontend financial reporting. However I would need to know the timeline when can Lumira deliver fallowin reporting needs: We want to have current monthly financial figures from Hana views straight from the source.The historical data we would show using existing Bex queries. And In the lumira we would like to smash up historical data and the Hana view current data all together. The users would access this with the BI launchpad and with single sign on, they would just press one button and refresh the BW query data, plus hana view data from one report. My question is: When would this be possible in Lumira ?  Atleast what I have understood, is that BW queries (exit variables, time dependent hierarchies, variants) is not yet supported. However when I was in teched in berlin 2014 november, Lumira developers told me that end of March 2015, this would be available. Is this still true or is there some delays to that timetable ? best regards iiro keitaanranta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i just created a request for this feature

i'm hoping that a thousand people vote yes!

save location of project files : View Idea

i am still way past shocked that this has not been implemented by now.
i am even more shocked that the original version of the software was released like this.

i'm curious to know how many other sap products are like this?
fortunately, crystal and the dashboard tools aren't like this.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tracy - sorry for the delay in responding.  Good job, I voted for it