cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want system to suggest same bin for same product(different batch)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to EWM.

In our project, we don't use packaing and HUs. And the materials are all batch managed.

Now my customer had a requirement. In a storage type, they want that the same product can be putaway to the same bin and different bin can't.      And when a new inbound delivery is coming to EWM, EWM should suggest the same product to the same bin, different product to the rule different bin.

Now we focused on three fields in storage type.

1. Putaway rule

2. Mixed storage

3. Mixed storage in HU.

We tried 2.2.2.   In this case. Different product cannot post to the same bin.  But when automatically create WO, system suggest different bin for the same product with differenct bin.

And we also tried 4.2.2. In this case,  System can suggest same bin for same product.But system also different product posting to same bin.

Can someone give some suggestion for this? Is there any key config that I missed?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your configuration, system searches for the next available bin. To avoid this, use Fixed bins in your storage type and check "Do Not Assign Fixed Bin Automatically".

In Fixed Bins storage type when you maintain Fixed Bin assignment for all bins, system skips them too when searching for the next empty bin.

Then if you maintain capacity check, you may assign some spillover for your storage type search sequence.

Brgs.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huan ,

Select option 2 (several batches of the same product per HU  in "Mixed Storage in HU " . Mixing of product and batch with in an HU is controlled by Mixed storage in HU . Option 2 is for mixing batch on the HU if they must be the same product .

Try selecting "Use Fixed Bin " indicator .

Hope this help .

Rajesh