Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt Optional Field

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

All Experts,

Normally On the BO Webi Prompt If an optional field (e.g. Year) is left blank the report will display everything for that field (e.g. every Year). If a value for the optional field is entered (e.g. with the Year) the report will display data just for that field (e.g. the information about that Year only)

Now unusally The requirement is to capture the blank value in the prompt say as Current Year in BO Webi Only

Here i donot want to use userresponse() as the value in Year optional prompt is blank where an BW exit code return at the BW side to set at the background as current Year in Year optional Prompt when left blank by the user.

To display the blank value of the prompt in BO Webi i was given an KF with Current Year restriction on it from the BW side.

In BO to get the Current Year details i created an empty blank cell with Year detail key object and applied an filter on the cell as KF is not Null.

On scheduling i need to get the Current year details when user left blank  on the year optional prompt. After running 4500 sec the report throws CORBA Error. For a fix i tried removed the KF filter from the blank empty cell and tried scheduling where i was succesfually saw the data run for 2200 secs.I know that iam wrong with the KF setting on the empty cell of not null filter application on Year detial object.

Experts can anyone help me with an logic/formula which i need to get this only done from BO Webi side.

Thanks,

Dinya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a V Year variable to capture the prompt values.

Then put the =If([V Year]="") Then Year(CurrentDate()) condition in the blank cell.in this case you will get the current year value when user will not enter any value in the prompt.

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks for the response.

I got it, but there were one more optional field Fiscal Period where left blank it has to be prefilled at the BW Background using an restriction of fiscal period based on clients fiscal calendar.

Now i need an formula where i cannot use user  response if i use i need to validate the current date against the honey fiscal calendar and bring their fiscal period which can be done in BO Webi but that is the huge process as we may need to apply more formulas to get the client fiscal period.

But to make it simple, BW has provided an KF with fiscal period restriction on it, so in BO side  i tried dragging fiscal period key in to an empty cell and applied an local filter restriction on the cell where KF is not null so as to bring only the fiscal period key when user input or doesnot input brings the current client fiscal period.

Here is what i want to summarize:

Created an separate cell with Fiscal Period which is filtered for is not null value of BW Key figure object.

Wrtten formula like below in two cells:                                                               Expected Output:

Fiscal period: [Fiscal period Key] applied cell filter isnotnull([testKF])                    02.2015

Resulting CORBA Error when scheduling, but if i am not using the formula cell scheduling report was Successfull is the issue, so u can notice the culprit is the KF restriction applied for the fiscal period key to get the clients expected fiscal period when the user left blank on the Fiscal period optional prompt.

Thanks,

Dinya.