Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the performance of ‘STARTING NEW TASK’ when handling mass data

raffinkira
Participant
0 Kudos

I will just show some key codes as below:

In function module ‘ZSYL_TT’, I insert data of the internal table into a Z* database table (suppose all key fields are specified):

In this program, I de-package five million records into five internal tables with one million records for each, and do insert by using parallel processing. It took me around 5-6 minutes.

Next, I use a normal means which is sequence processing:

Five internal tables with one million records for each now are handled by sequence, and it took me around 7 minutues.

Maybe this test is not good enough, but anyway, it seems that we don’t get much benefit from parallel processing. One of the reasons I can imagine is the data copy from current process to the new process. This takes time when one million records are copied.

Moreover, I found it seems that STARTING NEW TASK actually make a new login rather than open a new dialog process in the current session. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

So, is there anyone could give more details of the mechanism of STARTING NEW TASK and provide a better way to do that?

1 REPLY 1

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Use mass fetch of the select statement. It will not make a difference.