cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company Shipment Process

0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to implement cross company shipment between two companies in our group.

Here is the scenario:

The company A creates several deliveries, puts them in a shipment document, posts goods issue, and sends it to the company B

The company B receives the shipment and posts the goods receipt for the received materials.

- Both of the companies are managed in a single SAP application.

- We have implemented automatic creation of inbound deliveries from outbound deliveries using SPED output type.

Here are the questions:

- Is there a standard way to create inbound shipment in company B based on outbound shipment in company A?

- Is it possible to generate inbound shipment automatically from outbound shipment?

- Is it possible to post goods receipt in company B based on outbound shipment in company A?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Amir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

As you mentioned, inbound delivery can be created as a 'mirror' of outbound delivery. Inbound delivery is used for planning processes as well as better control over goods receipt etc.

But I have not met a scenario whereby inbound shipment should be created as a mirror of outbound shipment. Typically either the sending or receiving company (within the same group) is responsible for transportation planning and transport costs.
Can you explain why inbound shipment would be required in your case?

Normally I would also not recommend to post goods receipts based on goods issue/shipment from outbound documents. Unless that is only a virtual/system move without additional physical movements. But since you want to use shipment documents, then I assume that there is an associated physical move. And there I suggest to use two-step approach (goods issue into in transit, and then goods receipt when goods physically arrive at destination location).

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Answers (0)