cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Creation from Portfolio Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when we create a portfolio item and if we have configured for automatic Project creation, the check box for Project creation is "checked" by default. Is there a way to switch off the check mark as in our process the project should not be created until a particular decision point is reached.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anantharam,

The flag NoAutoPro (or "Flag to Create Project Automatically") in the Item Type customizing controls whether the system will automatically set flag  "Create Project on Saving" when creating an item. Specifically, if flag NoAutoPro is set, the flag to automatically create the project will not be set in the frontend.

If you do not wish for this flag to be set per default when creating an item, you should ensure that "NoAutoPro" is set in the item type customizing. There is no other way to control this.

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thanks. I still want the project creation but the flag should not be set. I should be manually able to choose whenever I need to create the project. Is there a way to control this by writing an exit in any of the methods?

Thanks.

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

The end user can manually set or remove this flag when creating an item, and as long as the project has not yet been created, he can set the flag in the item at any future point in time.

I understand that you would like to automate this, i.e. automatically set the flag and/or trigger the project creation when reaching a certain decision point in the item. Unfortunately this functionality does not exist in the current standard. I am not aware of an exit which would allow you to achieve this. I think you would need to enhance the standard with a custom logic in order to implement such a functionality.

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found out the way of achieving this. I modified the init method within /rpm/item_details web dynpro component. I have set the attribute for cproject creation as false.

regards,

Answers (0)