Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Possible To Save Personal Settings With NWBC 5

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I have a small problem, I want to save my personal settings in NWBC for Desktop 5 but I get always an information message, that the settings are applied after restart and nothing happens. After the restart of the NWBC all settings are lost.

What is the correct way to change and save the personal settings?

Thanks for answers, tips and hints.

Cheers

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I solved the problem, I create manually a new file NwbcOptions.xml in the path %USERPROFILE%\SAP\NWBC\ with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<NwbcOptions>

<SingleOptions>

<EnableSapGuiOkCode>True</EnableSapGuiOkCode>

</SingleOptions>

</NwbcOptions>

And now all works well.

It seems to be a problem for the NWBC 5.0 PL 3, if the file NwbcOptions.xml doesn't exists.

Cheers

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan.

My NWBC 5.0 PL3 has been suffering from the same condition, I tried your solution and for some reason it didn't work, even though I did the same steps you described.

I created a NwbcOptions.xml in the %USERPROFILE%\SAP\NWBC\ path.

I copied your content into the file.

The I started NWBC, same symptom.

I try to change settings, even set the Personal Configuration File Path to %USERPROFILE%\SAP\NWBC\ and nothing happens, it still doesn't save any setting.

Did you have to do anything else for it to wake up, or is it just mine that's stubborn? I even tried running it as Administrator, but no luck.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, answering myself:

Create the NwbcOptions.xml file in %APPDATA%\SAP\NWBC\ path, that solved the problem for me.

Thanks for the tip!

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sérgio,

thank you very much for your addendum.

Cheers

Stefan