cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add 3rd party non-SAP system to a ChaRM project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

how can I add a 3rd party non-SAP system to a Solution Manager SOLAR project for use with ChaRM General Changes?

The situation so far:

We are already using ChaRM for our SAP landscape successfully (with Urgent and Normal Changes).

Now we want to use the General Change for some of our 3rd party non-SAP applications (without transport management). I couldn't find any documentation on this topic and it is not working out of the box.

What I did so far:

• in SLD configuration
    • created a new custom product/software component version in SLD
  • in transaction LMDB
    • created a new technical system,
    • created a new product system
    • created a new logical component
    • assigned all these and the custom product from sld
  • with transaction IB_GEN / IB52
    • generated new IBase component
    • and edited the description

In ChaRM component selection the new IBase components are visible when adding a new change AND no solar project is assigned.If I assign a project first, the components won't appear in the search help.

I already tried to add the new defined logical component in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for the specific project. But I cannot find the logical component in the search dialog - most likely because it is not assigned to one of the valid SAP software product components. Also when I look for the new product (system) in SMSY I cannot find it. When I use the "chosse object" dialog and select my new "product system" there is an error message: "The product system has no valid product assignment."

What to do now?

• How to adjust the system/product configuration in LMDB / SLD?
  • How to add the logical component to the SOLAR / ChaRM project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN?
  • When added, do I have have to check the mark "relevant for changes" in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for the logical component?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Have you resolved your issue? I am doing the same exercise and wanted to compare notes before posting a suggested solution.

Regards

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

the notes and guides listed by Artem were defnitely helpful.

I was able to add the non-SAP Systems and could edit them in IB52. They are now available for the General Change.

But until now I did not manage to add them to the system landscape in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for our release / project.

best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

I created a Logical Component with the 'non-SAP (generic systems in it. That Logical Component is available to my ChaRM project (via search), but I get obvious errors about TMS setup when generating the landscape check.

Why do you want to add the change to a project? As long as the iBase is available you can create a general change against it, unless you want to manage the 'transport' (whatever form that takes for the non-SAP systems?

Please contact me - rob.kading@bluepencil.co.za?

Regards

Rob

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Stefan.

Normal/Urgent changes are only to be used for SAP systems.

If you would like to use ChaRM for non-SAP - you should use General Change (2047987 - Ibase component of non-SAP system cannot be selected for administration change - Solution ...)

P.S. Also look at SAP Note 1974305 - Automatic Scope assignment for IBase in "Request for Change" not working for "Admin Change....

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

thanks for your answer. In fact we want to use the General Change (SMCG) for non-SAP Changes as mentioned above.

Our goal is:

Add the logical component for the non-SAP System in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN to the defined SOLAR project.

Our problem is:

We cannot find the logical component in the search help dialog for logical components in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

So the question is:

• How can we add a product (system) to the non-SAP system in LMDB / SLD so that the Logical component appears in the search help dialog for logical components?

Thanks for any ideas.

Best regards,

Stefan

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to see if the datasupplier for the 3rd party system. sldreg/libc files which should connect with the solman or you need to add the system (for example say BO systems) you need to add the database info, then os or web application server info (for eg tomcat) in the solution manager LMDB. Then you need to add the production manually in the LMDB. Run the managed system setup appropriately for these systems.

Below link may help you for the same.

Managed System Setup of BOE 4.0 system in Solman 7.1 - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

You can also create the systems as installed base components in transaction IB52.  Using these for ChaRM will enable you to report on changes by system.

You may be able to use CTS+ for non SAP system objects. Keep me posted about the results.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

thanks for your advice.

I'm not sure if we really need to run the managed system Setup for this legacy system. We don't want to manage the non-SAP system via SolMan so there is no need to connect it.

And what do you mean by "Then you need to add the production manually in the LMDB"?

Indeed I already see the system in IB52 and could change the description etc. As you say, our only goal is to to report on (general) changes by system. Do I have to add the system to a SOLAR Project (Release) therefore?

Regards,

Stefan

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanck,

Yes, you need to add the logical component in solar project admin.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

i know - but I can't.

Because in the search help dialog the logical components are grouped by product. As our non-SAP System is obviously not assigned to a correct product it cannot be found and therefore added in solar project admin.

So the question is still: How can I assign a product to the non-SAP system so that the Logical component will appear in the search help of solar project admin?

Regards,

Stefan