Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple Operations(Synchronous and Asynchronous) for Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

Need your inputs here.

I have created Web Services interfaces both Synchronous and Aysnchronous from Third party to SAP CRM (Proxy) via PI AEX.

Using Multiple Operations(Asynch and Sync) in Single Service Interface as sender third party requires single wsdl files for all interfaces.

Issue  me facing is

when I created a SOAP sender SYNCHRONOUS channel (Best Effort) for this ICO , all Synchronous interfaces are working not asynchronous?

If I use Asynchronous channel(exactly once) only Asynchronous interfaces not synchronous?

Please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

SarVjeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvjeet,

• You can tell third party to add the parameter &QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce to the URL for asynchronous interface when they calling from their application.
  • Select Best effort in the sender communication channel and also select Use Encoded Headers and Use Query String parameters in the channel.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

For example:

I have 3 interfaces: 2 synchronous and 1 Asynchronous and I have created one single interface with multiple operations and generated one wsdl for all these interfaces.

I believe if I add @QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce to wsdl URL, other synchronous interfaces will not work...

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards,
SarVjeet

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Servjeet,

Actually if you select Use Encoded Headers and Use Query String parameters in the channel, the quality of service will be consider from URL parameter which you setting in the URL, whatever you selected in channel will be ignored.

• For all synchronous interfaces you can add &QualityOfService=BestEffort to the URL
  • For all asynchronous interfaces you can add &QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce to the URL

You can actually test this from SOAP UI with above changes.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

So if third party is sending data to synchronous interfaces , no need to add QoS.

If third party is sending data for asynchronous interfaces, they need to add &QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce.

Thanks for response ,I tested and it worked with SOAP UI tool

will check with third party if they are  able do it as we have single wsdl for all interfaces.

Regards,
Sarvjeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

Please help , any hints?

regards,

SarVjeet