Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse System Replication setup not possible from HANA Studio

christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi all,

With HANA Studio it is not possible configure an inverse System Replication setup after take over, allthough this is possible with hdbnsutil.

Is this a bug in HANA Studio or is it (for some reason) a feature?

These are my steps:

• Setup System Replication with SITE-A as primary and SITE-B as secondary
  • Stop SITE-A
  • Perform a take over (e.g. from HANA Studio: Configure System Replication - Take Over) from SITE-B
  • Register SITE-A as secondary
    • This did NOT work from HANA Studio: Configure System Replication --> no option available
    • This worked with hdbnsutil:
      hdbnsutil -sr_register --remoteHost=<SITE-B host name> --remoteInstance=<SITE-B instance> --mode=sync --name=SITEA
  • Start SITE-A

Now I had a working inverse System Replication setup with SITE-A as secondary and SITE-B as primary.

But why did it not work in HANA Studio?

I am on HANA rev. 85 and tried many different HANA Studio versions.

Best regards

/Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

We had done multiple System Replication failovers(Site-A to Site-B) in the past and reset the system replication back using the hdbnsutil commands

The SAP note we followed during the setup 1945676(check the bottom part under the REMARK section and you will find all steps, in case you have not seen this one yet

In fact we do the system replication failover for any SAP HANA update and follow similar the hdbnsutil commands every time

As far as the HANA Studio based System Replication is concerned we have not used it much, infact we learnt about a possible issue under SAP note 2050830 related to registering a secondary system via HANA Studio

I do not think HANA version has anything to do with this feature. Can you share the error you had(trying to register SITE-A as se condary) or you do not find any such option at all?