Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to execute gateway service

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's,

When i try to test a newly created gateway service, i get an 'unknown internal server error'.

On debugging, i see that expection /IWCOR/CX_DS_CP_ENTITY_ERROR have occurred within CREATE_FEED_PROVIDER method.

The gateway service that i created is an simple one, where a function module is called within the GET_ENTITYSET method and i see that, the data is getting passed to the exporting parameter ET_ENTITYSET successfully. But the data is not getting displayed in the browser because of the exception that have occurred.

Can someone help me to solve this issue ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Is your entity based of a DDIC object?

If yes are you get all the data from the table and moving it or fetching only certain fields

If you are fetching certain fields less than the number of fields in the table make sure you use move-corresponding.

Also look at -

Hope this helps.

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kedar.

It is because of the Date Field's as mentioned in the above blog of Krishna Kishore. After removing the date field's, i am able to see the data. The blog also list the below point's to perform, to rectify the date issue. But, not sure, where to implement them.

1. Date Property: Mark the date field as 'nullable' in your metadata. Clear the cache and rerun the operation. This solves the problem most of the times. This occurs if the RFC/Backend returns a date property as empty and GW parsers fail to convert it into a valid date value.
  2. For a date field, provide the ABAP type.  Click on the 'ABAP Type Editor', select Category as 'Internal Type', Type Kind as 'Date'. Save, Generate , Clear cache

Do you have any idea, where should i implement these to get the date fields as well ?

Thanks andRegards,

Gaurav.

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All these would be on your Entity Properties in SEGW

Also make sure select Edm.DateTime for date field look at WiEd field in the above screen shot.

Hope this helps

Answers (0)