cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for Desktop New Tab/Window with standard tc just spins and never opens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts
I have an issue with NWBC for Desktop 5.0 with SAP ERP as backend system.

When I open a standard transaction in a new tab its opens fine e.g. VA03.

When I then open an addtional WD-application in a new tab it also works fine.

But always when i open an addional tab with a standard transaction e.g. MM03, and a previous tab already holds another standard tranaction e.g. VA03, the tab with MM03 just spins and never opens. Why that?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

seems that there is some exception in the code and creating a new session is not possible anymore.

Can you please check in the error trace file if you can find something like an error/exception ?

Reproduce the problem, then just go to %localappdata%/SAP/NWBC/Traces and open the file with the name NWBC.exe.#<ProcessID>.1.log (the last one which was modified) in any editor and search for an error/exception trace and post your findings...

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I have attached the NWBC log containing some exceptions.

E.g. Unable to load DLL 'landscape_migration.dll' (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E)

You write: Exception creating a new session. But I can create a new session/tab with a WD-app but only not with a standard SAP transaction!
Thanks Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

thanks for the trace file.

The exception "Unable to load DLL 'landscape_migration.dll': The specified module could not be found." is an indicator that you do not have installed SAP GUI 7.40.

If this is correct, then please use NWBC 5.0 only together with SAP GUI 7.40 as this a prerequisite.

The migration dll is needed to migrate old SAP GUI ini files and old NWBC Options files into the new landscape format.

With new session/tab I ment only SAP GUI sessions (transaction tabs). As I expected there occurs an exception when trying to open a second GUI tab.

Its hard to analyze from here, but that could be because incomplete migration and wrong SAP GUI version.

My suggestion is to check the SAP GUI version. If it is 7.30, please install 7.40 PL1 and redo the automatic migration.

If this does not help, it would be very helpful to open an OSS ticket.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply. I upgraded to SAP GUI 7.40 and the issue was resolved.

Best regards

Kim

PatL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kim

Please try following:

1. Check installation. (hold Ctrl-Key) and open the left corner icon and go to:

->Help/Extended Supportability/Check Installation

should look like:

If the installation is fine, maby delete some cache:

2. delete some hold Ctrl-Key) and open the left corner icon and go to:

->Help/Extended Supportability/Clean-up/Delete NWBC Cache

best regards

patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

I also got success message "No inconsistences found".

I also cleared the NWBC Cashe.

But still the same issue that NWBC for Desktop cant open an addtional tabs/sessions for an SAP standard transaction. The addiotional tab/session then just spins endless.

Brgds Kim

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Have you tried with the latest version of 5.0 (PL3)?

BR

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda

Yes, I'm using NWBC 5.0 PL3 latest version.

Brgds Kim