cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flow of the hardware check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are trying to test the throughput using the hardware check for the backup file systems.

We have tried three test cases for short , long and very long.

Each of them specifies a data file max size for 5, 16, 32g. Wanted to understand what exactly would it mean will it create a file and then try to test throughput to the backup file system. Also can i increase the number from 32 to a higher value. What all should i be modifying. Can i get some information as to how does the hardware tool function.

hwval_client.py

hwval_master.py

hwval calls the above two python scripts. Wanted to understand if we can customize and test with a higher data file size.

32G is a small number for us since we have about 200 G data file.

Which figure should we be concerned about for backup file system. overwrite or write ones?

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bojan-lv-85
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the only information available about the hwcct is the one attached to the central note:

1943937 - Hardware Configuration Check Tool - Central Note

In the attachment of this note it is also mentioned what the IO test is doing:

"create a file and enlarge it to a certain size, overwrite the entire file and finally read the file. All these operations are performed with blocks of different sizes:

-- Data volume: 4K, 16K, 64K, 1M, 16M, 64M

-- Log volume: 4K, 16K, 1M"

The python coding should not be edited, unless you dare to risk inconsistent results as even the file sizes might have dependencies (e.g. calculations of write I/O and read I/O in bytes per seconds or other KPIs)

BR, Bojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raised a query with SAP Support so closing this thread.

Answers (0)