cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Additional data field name in CDD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to change the additional data fields in Customs Declaration Document header. I used to change in ECC using CMOD- Text Enhancements. But, the same technique does not work in GTS it seems. The screen name of the additional data field do NOT change even after the CMOD change. Would appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Nat    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nat,

That's right - they don't change in the Declaration dialog.  That's because the developers "hard-coded" the field-names instead of referring to the Data Element labels.  Goodness knows why they did that - it seems obvious that users may want to rename for their own special purposes.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave..I still can't understand why SAP puts the users into a box and dont allow them to name the additional fields as they want ..So, there is NO way we can workaround this ?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nat,

Yes, of course; there's ALWAYS a way - at a cost...

In the recent GTS versions, I think it's possible to add up to 3 additional tabs in the header and items.  There, you can create your own screens with your own fields, but you'll need a good developer to help you do it.

Otherwise, you could simply change the settings on the standard screen.  However, that would be a "repair" and make the system non-standard - not recommended in terms of maintenance and support.

Good luck,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave, however it doesn't worth the effort/ cost though ..Have a great weekend.

Answers (0)