cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a user can't upload a document in a phase?

ladinca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, We're facing this issue :

We have SAP PPM 5.0, authorization added at project level. Our customer requires that if a user is responsible for a task in a phase, he can attach a document in the Document tab at phase level. What happens is that a user cannot do that, even if he has Admin Authorization to the phase.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

Is the user able to make other changes to the phase (other than attaching documents)? or is the reported issue caused by the fact that the user can only access the phase in display mode (i.e. is not able to toggle to edit mode at all)?

- if the root problem is that the user can only access the phase in display mode (due to the fact that he only has read authorization at project header level), you will need to proceed as described in SAP Note 1559554. The described implementation of BAdI DPR_TREE method SWITCH_ROOT_AUTH_CHECK will allow the user to toggle to edit mode for the objects for which he is authorized. He should then also be able to attach documents.

- if the user is able to make other changes to the phase but cannot add documents, please provide some more details about the issue (i.e. is the user getting some error message when trying to attach the document? what exactly?)

Best regards
Francesco

ladinca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco, thank you for you answer.

The user accesses from "My Projects" to the phase.

He only can edit the "Note" field.

No other field can be changed.

No possibility to toggle to Edit mode.

The user has read only authorization at Project level.

The user has write authorization to the phase.

I'll let you know if applying this note everything works fine. I hope so!

Kind regards.

Laura

Answers (0)