cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Lumira Desktop to Lumira Edge Server?

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm new to the system admin line of work but I managed to install Windows Server 2012 and Lumira Server Edge just fine. I opened some ports on the servers firewall and now can access the web-based interface just fine. However I find it difficult to connect my Lumira Desktop client to our Lumira Edge server. I'm sure I entered my username and password correctly. This is the error I get: "Unable to connect to the SAP Lumira Edge Server. Check your connection settings. (HDB 05506)". When I configured the Network parameters I left proxy empty as we don't use any proxies in our simple system. And the Edge Server connection string looks something like this "123.456.789.12:1234/sap/bi/launchpad". What else should be done on client side or server side to get this connection up and running.

If you have anymore questions about what I've done this far I'd be happy to answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rauno - you need a /biprws - please see my screen shot below to connect to Lumira Edge from Lumira Desktop:

File > Preferences > Network http://yoursystem:6405/biprws

Tammy

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Wow thanks a ton . The solution was so simple yet I found this address nowhere.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

I would like to ask the version of Lumira Desktop that you are using (or the one you used) in this post.

I am using the current version of Lumira Desktop (1.23 if i am not mistaken) and can't seem to find the Lumira Edge Server connection string. I would like to test also the connection between Lumira Server and Lumira Edge. Thanks!

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

Saving to Lumira Edge is supported starting with Lumira Desktop 1.22. If you don't have this option, maybe you have Lumira Desktop 1.21 or less.

However, you have to check also what version do you have for Lumira Edge because there is a strict dependency between versions. As it is mention into the user guide for SAP Lumira Server for teams 1.25:

"If you have created Lumira documets using SAP Lumira Desktop 1.22 or SAP Lumira Desktop 1.23 or SAP Lumira Desktop 1.24 and save them in SAP Lumira, server for teams 1.25, then some features are not compatible. Therefore, we recommend that you upgrade to SAP Lumira Desktop 1.25."

Bes regards,

Mihaela

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Steven,

Lumira Desktop version 1.23 is supported for Lumira Edge server.

Thanks

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I can't seem to find the connection string for the Lumira Edge. Please see attached screen shot for our Lumira Desktop.

As with Rauno's version, he has the connection string for SAP Lumira Edge while my version does not so I assumed it was with the versions. Thanks

Edit. Included the version screenshot.

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I also have same version and able to see SAP Lumira Edge version, Please try below steps, this may resolve your problem.

Go to C:\User\Public\sapvi and delete sapvi folder.

Go to C:\Users\Administrator and delete .sapvi folder and restart the Lumira.

Note:

This will remove your preference set in Lumira and also you need enter key code again,

Thanks

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt response.

I wasn't given any key code as I am currently using the free version of Lumira Desktop as I am still undergoing testing. Is there a way for me to get a key code?

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stevan,

I have No idea about how to get keycode, Please try one more workaround is Uninstall Lumira and install again. after uninstall please follow below steps.

Go to C:\User\Public\sapvi and delete sapvi folder.

Go to C:\Users\Administrator and delete .sapvi

Go to C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira and delete SAP Lumira folder.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried the instructions above and it is still the same. I couldn't test the first instructions as it will require me to put in a key code.

There is an update on Lumira Desktop and hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Thank you though for your help.

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Lumira Standard edition has some limitation. This can be the reason why you are not able to see the SAP Lumira Team Server link..

Best regards,

Mihaela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihaela,

I was thinking that the SAP Lumira Personal Edition(free version) missing connection string is part of the limitation but the after clicking the 30 day free trial for SAP Lumira Standard Edition the connection string is still missing.

I really hope the update will fix this, currently updating SAP Lumira.

Thank you and regards,

Steven

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Yes , you are correct, for SAP Lumira Personal Edition , the SAP Lumira Edge server option is missing.

Thanks

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

So this is a limitation of SAP Lumira Personal Edition? What version are you using?

Thanks,

Steven