cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 SP5 SAP Gateway Cockpit Login Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiiiiiiiiiii..

We have successfully installed SMP 3.0 SP5 with Production environment using MS SQL 2012 db. After installation we can see two thing i.e. SAP Management Cockpit  and SAP Gateway Cockpit.

We are able to login with SAP Management Cockpit using user ID smpAdmin. but when we try to login with SAP Gateway Cockpit using same user id i.e smpAdmin, it says 'User Name or Password Incorrect. Please provide the correct Credentials'. We have also tried with user ID smpServiceUser but gives same error.

Here we are not really sure which user id Gateway is asking for. or whether it is the problem with Password. Need some suggestion on this. Please assist.

Best Regards

Javed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

SAP Management cockpit (https://localhost:8083/Admin) and SAP Gateway Cockpit (https://jk:8083/gateway/cockpit) both listen on same admin port. In my case it is 8083 hence both can be logged on using same credentials.

Username: smpAdmin

Password: password set during SMP server installation

Refresh SAP Gateway Cockpit URL and then try.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Jitendra,

It worked. . Thanks for your help.

We are able to login with same User id and password using Chrome Browser as it seems that there is some problem with IE 8. But really strange here , if it was the problem with IE then why it is allowing successful login with SAP Management Cockpit but not working with SAP Gateway Cockpit.

Best Regards

Javed

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

I am able to open Admin cockpit and Gateway cockpit in IE11 . Can you try upgrading your IE version to latest and check if experience the same behavior.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiiii ....

Will let you know the outcome after upgrade.

Best Regards

Javed

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To add, as per this documentation it says, you should have min IE 9 to run Management cockpit URL.

page # 20

Supported  Web Browsers for Management Cockpit

Windows Platforms

Internet Explorer 9

Mozilla Firefox 10.x

Google Chrome 20 and higher

Mac Platforms

Safari 5.1 and higher

Answers (0)