Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for "Save and Reply" Function

oluwatosin_oladipo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In incident management, when a processor changes the status to 'customer action', the reporter gets a notification and clicks 'save and reply' to reply the processor. The status changes automatically to 'in process'. How can i initiate an email notification to the processor at that instance?

Please note I have configured email alert to processor at status change which works fine if the status is changed manually to 'In process" but when a reporter uses the 'save and reply function' and the status changes to 'in process', the processor does not receive an email notification.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tosin,

In the node "Actions and Conditions" customizing for incidents, copy the "send email to reporter" action profile and change the business partner function to "processor". Then create a new condition for this new action profile and make it execute it automatically when the user status changes to "in process".

Actions are only triggered once the document is being saved, this is standard behavior. If you want to execute action with the "on status change", you have create a new event in the BSP in which the document is opened.

oluwatosin_oladipo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

Could you please clarify " create a new event in the BSP in which the document is opened"?

Wouter Huiberts wrote:

Hi Tosin,

In the node "Actions and Conditions" customizing for incidents, copy the "send email to reporter" action profile and change the business partner function to "processor". Then create a new condition for this new action profile and make it execute it automatically when the user status changes to "in process".

This is what I had initially configured and it works if status is changed manually.