cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA-HR & SAP-HR Sub components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an ECC EHP7 system- XYZ with HR components on 600.

While patching the system, we selected EA-HR & SAP-HR patches 96 to 105 as part of SPS5 stack in MOPZ.

Once SUM finished, EA-HR & SAP-HR were on 105...but along with these, EA-HR* & SAP-HR* also moved from 0 to 97.

The issue is, we need this system to be in sync with another system- ABC (where EA-HR & SAP-HR are on 105, but the EA-HR* & SAP-HR* components are on patch 0).

Do these sub-components get patched automatically or something & how do we now go about bringing the sub patches for these 2 from 0 to 97 for system ABC.

MOPZ does not allow for this selection.

Please help......

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you supply the output from Tx SPAM - Package Level from both the systems?

Were both the systems patched using the SUM tool and a stack file? If yes compare the stack files used for for the systems. The CLC packages are updated along with the HRSP patching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I had a sinking feeling this would be the issue ...

ABC was patched with SPAM & XYZ with an xml using SUM.....

So, guess I'll have to generate an xml for both & re-patch them to a higher level...

SPAM for both shows A5 (105).

Thanks a ton !

-s.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saba

That could be the reason. If system ABC is a quality system then you can refresh (system copy) the system with the copy of XYZ so the components will be on same patch level. This was you can avoid the patching

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wish I could

ABC is Dev & XYZ Prod, so no chance......

ABC & QA are same

Thanks a lot, though

What would I do without all the lovely SDN help

Happy Friday evening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

There's something I noticed.

System Status for both systems shows all the patches (sub-components too) on 105 !

I also used a TR to check the difference in patches & both systems shows "equal" for HR.

What is it with just CVERS then ?

Thanks !

saba.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

SAP_HR* sub components are now included into SAP_HR.

CVERS table you will find a different version and in system-->status you will find a different one.

Now CLC patches are absolete and are coming with SAP_HR itself.

You don't need to worry.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>Ashutosh Chaturvedi wrote:

Now CLC patches are absolete and are coming with SAP_HR itself.<<

Are you sure about this? Check these to know more.

http://service.sap.com/HRLegalChanges

1167891 - Announcement: New HCM Legal Change Delivery Process

Cheers

RB

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

The issue is, we need this system to be in sync with another system- ABC (where EA-HR & SAP-HR are on 105, but the EA-HR* & SAP-HR* components are on patch 0).

You could generate a stack.xml file by selection of Add on upgrade for both the components and apply with the help of SUM tool or you could do it with SPAM,but it would be a time consuming process.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only patch EA-HR & SAP-HR components and not the sub components EA-HR* & SAP-HR*.

Is it possible to paste the snap shot from the system where you can see the difference in the component and sub component patches?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply !

Here are the 2 systems in question.....

System XYZ:

System ABC:

Both were initially on 97 (with sub-components on 0) & patched up to 105...ABC last July & XYZ 2 days back.

If I try to take them both to 106; would the sub-components match up then, maybe ?

Thanks a lot !

saba.