Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.4 SR1 HA First cluster node install, win2k12, drive letter error

sap-delijn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

Firstly I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, if not please direct me to the right place.

So we're trying to install a High Available Java 7.4 SR1 system on a windows 2012 system with windows 2012 clustering.

We installed the database, and many other databases clustered without a problem.

When we start the First Cluster Node installation through SWPM we get the log off and log on, afterwards the installation continues, we chose for Unicode and than before we get the option screen to select the SAP system ID, the Network parameters and the shared drive an error pops up:

Getting drive letters of resource 'BO3DATA1' failed.

This is a correct error seeing as we are working with mount points, so we have a 1GB LUN called BO3ROOT and in it we have 3 more LUNS (mount points) called BO3DATA1, etc.

We look further in the logs we also find this:

WARNING 2015-02-05 16:36:19.474

Unable to get information about path \\LABEL.ASC\ using GetVolumeInformation. Operating system error message: The specified path is invalid.

WARNING 2015-02-05 16:36:26.355

Getting drive letters of ClusterResource 'Validating drive letters of resource 'BO3SQL' failed

Resource belongs to group 'SQL Server (BO3)' and is in state 'OnlinegetDriveLetters(): device name 'Disk6ClusterPartition1' has invalid format. Should be '[a-zA-Z]:'' failed.

For the record we presume that we are getting those resource names as errors because they are alphabetically first.

if anyone got any idea why this is happening I'd be more than greatfull.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

this is a bug in the actual SAPinst (SWPM). Please use either an older version or open a CSS ticket to get this fixed.

Best regards,

Kalle

sap-delijn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Karl-Heinz,

The strange thing for us is that we did not get this error in december when we last installed a clustered system.

Also we have been using the same SWPM version for the whole duration of the project, this was an SWPM release from july 2014.

Anyway, we are now in talks with SAP for a solution although they seem to be ignoring our important remarks and instead focussing on wether or not we are using the correct user for the installation

KR,

Jonathan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

1. Before starting the SWPM have to you disable the firewall & UAC on both nodes?

2. Is it possible to failover the disk resource(either Quorum or H driver) from one to another node without having any error message?

3. Could you share the full log as attachment?

BR

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Were you able to resolve this? I am running into a very similar issue. Can you please let me know if and how you fixed this?

Thanks

Sid

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sid,

Yes the issue was eventually solved by a new version of SAPinst.

If I recall correctly it had something to do with a build in check SAPinst made which they changed to avoid the error.

So in short, our issue was solved if we used a SAPinst released after februari this year.

Hope it helps,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

the issue has been resolved. Well, I refer to the issue with volume mount points!

What is your issue?

Regards,

Kalle