Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Vendor ID in portalapp.xml

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using in my custom components for the 7.3 portal a different vendor as the default sap.com.

When i deploy per NWDS i get an warning :

1. Warning occurred on server 2327851 during update of company.de/com.mycompany.some.layout : Portal Application Descriptor Validator Test: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000060 Property with name "Vendor" is specified in //application/application-config, but the value "company.de" is not correct. Allowed value(s): "sap.com"., file: com.mycompany.some.layout.war#WEB-INF/portalapp.xml, severity: warning

I found the property deployment.supportedProviders :

Configuring the Portal Runtime Properties - Configuring the Portal for Initial Use - SAP Library

But it seems that is another setting just to reference J2EE applications that are not portal applications ...

Any idea where to add vendors ?

Thanks,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

This is not configurable. It is hardcoded in class com.sap.tc.jtools.jlinee.web.tests.portalapp.PortalAppValidatorTest within sap.com~tc~jtools~jlinee~web.jar in directory \usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\tc~je~jlinee~lib\lib as follows:

/* 123*/        String vendorPropertyValue = vendorValueExpression.evaluate(portalapp);
/* 124*/        if(vendorPropertyValue == null || !vendorPropertyValue.equals("sap.com")) {
/* 125*/            Properties props = new Properties();
/* 126*/            props.setProperty("ATTR", "Vendor");
/* 127*/            props.setProperty("VALUE", vendorPropertyValue);
/* 128*/            props.setProperty("ALLOWED", "sap.com");
/* 129*/            addWarning("WEB-INF/portalapp.xml", "portalapp.2", props);

So, we just have to live with it (of course one could patch this class, but what for...!?)

The checks on the portalapp.xml are also described in /data/tests.xml within the aforementioned jar:

This tests verifies that the following conditions apply for the elements of portalapp.xml descriptor:

(1) There is a "Vendor" property inside every portal application.

(2) The "Vendor" is set to "sap.com"

(3) There is a "SecurityArea" inside every portal application.

(4) The "SecurityArea" starts with prefix "NetWeaver." (it has a dot after the word)

(5) Every portal service and portal component inside the portal application should have a "SafetyLevel" property.

(6) The "SafetyLevel" is set to one of the 4 possible values: "no_safety" \ "low_safety" \ "medium_safety" \ "high_safety".

Best regards

Detlev

Answers (0)