cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.3 Slow Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Just wanted to ask if anybody also encounter the issue me and my colleagues get when using NWDS 7.3?

Whenever we click something, the response time is very slow.

This is such a pain, especially when checking Context Mappings.

We have tried closing all other projects we have except for the one we are working on but the application is still hanging up.

We also do not encounter this issue in NWDS 7.0 even if we have a lot of open projects.

Any advise we could do?

NWDS Version:

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3 SP08 PAT0002

Thanks,

Vey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vey,

What sort of DC's are you working with?  In the past, I've experienced slows downs like this working with BPM and BRM DC's, where NWDS is continuously building and compiling local content, which in turn slows everything down to the point it is unworkable.

From memory, I'm sure there were some OSS interactions that applied fixes to the underlying NWDI to try to avoid this.

Also, what sort of machine spec' are you running NWDS on, as it is a very resource hungry piece of software!

I've not working with NWDS in anger for a long time now unfortunately, however I'm sure there was a view you could open that showed all of the current processes running within NWDS, like the task manager for Windows.  It may be useful to see what is running on your installation to see if that helps track down the issue.  I think "Progress View" or similar might be the one I'm thinking about.

For sure though, you aren't the only one who has suffered with NWDS performance!

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I am working with WebDynpro DCs.

It seems a bit frustrating though that I have worked with WebDynpro DCs as well in 7.0 and do not encounter lagging issues.

Here are the specifications of my machine:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @2.60GHz 2.60GHz    

RAM: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit

I will try to check on that view you are talking about inside NWDS.

Not sure if I would be happy or sad, knowing there are others who experience this issue. hehe

Thanks,

Vey

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i never heard there is such view.....

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have been working dozens version of nwds, never got this issue.

what jdk you are using?

usually i put following paramters in the ini file

-vmargs

-Xmx768m

-Xms768m

-Xmn256M

-XX:PermSize=32m

-XX:MaxPermSize=384m

-server

-XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC