cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override Update Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on Ecc6, Ehp4 and activated the BCS part of FM.

The scenario is we have to issue multi year purhcase order to our vendors. Now to issue that we have to have budget in the future years and for system to check that I want to make  Payment Budget on "Delivery Date".

At present the update profile selected in my system is "00102-Payment budget; Invoice basis ; Posting date". To allow system to check the future years budget I want to override update profile by selecting Delivvery date and Period based encumberances, but system is not allowing to select the "period based Encumberance tracking with Delivery Date".

My concern is if I select "FY Based" I may loose all important information of changes, which would be useful for my MIS.

Can you please advise, what is the information system will not store if I activate "FY Based" encumberance? And is it ok to activate "Delivry Date for "PR & PO"

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PBET has to work with posting date. To see the difference between the two methods, you can consult help.sap.com

Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking - Funds Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

But in that case, How do I resolve my issue of multiple year purhcase order. Our procurment team isssues  purchase order for 2 to 3 years at once as they get a bulk discount in that deal. How do I check budget for that? Can you please advise? I am stuck on that point...

Thanks for all your hep as always...

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to work with 'delivery date', you have to use annual basis registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,  but if I go with  "Posting Date" what is the solution I have for multi year purchase orders.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Evidently, none. Unless, you reorganize your purchase management and open a new PO for each year. So, either this or activating annual basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

Is there any work around for my issue? As I need encumerance tracking "period based". The problem I am facing is, if I do not activate update profile with "Delivery Date" then all my purhcase order will have to start at 1st April and end at 31st March next year.There are many of the purhcase orders which are ending in between fisacal year 2015 (ending in Aug 15 or Sep 15).. Got badly stuck in this issue. is there any workaround build in to resolve this issue.

Please advise

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, I answered on this one: you have only two options (see above)