cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hours Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been trying to post hours to project using a custom made query which uploads the hours to several project via a CSV file. This file contains all the pertinent data to post hours to the correct project and also ensured the hours type have been allocated a transformation code in SAP.

These transformation codes in SAP also have an associated standard rate which is applied; which I input for all cost centres. However there seems to be a problem with some projects where direct recoverable hours have been posted but at a "zero-rate" and I am not sure why.

I made sure to use trans KP26 to enter all the relevant mappings for all direct cost centres and their associated standard rates which should be applied. I am not sure why for some projects, the recovery rate has been applied and for others it has not.

Please can you advise what could have happened as I have never experienced this before.

Many thanks in advance,

Nikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikesh,

Do you use KB21N to enter the data?  Posting to WBS or NWA?

Can you please show the screen of the CO document with a zero-rate?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I use a Z_Replicon transaction which has been specifically designed to enter the data through a CSV file. However here is an extract of KB21N for one of the projects and also and the KP26 extract which shows there is a transformation rate for this combination of cost centre / activity type.

Many thanks,

Nikesh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

I have 2 ideas to check:

1. Is it possible that price was maintained after posting on 31.01.2015?

2. You have a Distribution Key 2, so can you click on first icon in KP26 to see how ORE_D is allocated monthly?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

This is what I find when I look into the monthly break out for SLP1 (direct cost centre).

I have attached the breakouts for 2014 and also 2015. Do you think this could be the root of the problem?

Also - do you think I will I have to back out the hours and re-post them?

I have entered the rates in previous years and NEVER had this type of problem.

Thanks so much.

Nikesh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is. It must look the same as for 2014, but for 2015 you got price only for December.

You need to change KP26, next reverse and repost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

It worked!

Thanks so much for all you help - it seemed that the monthly breakout needed to be entered (which I have never really had to do before!). I have always just entered it once within each cost centre and provided the mapping for the transformation GL code and that's it.

Anyway - it worked and I'm happy now!

Many thanks for your feedback.

Nikesh