Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actions not Visible in PA40

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained multiple User groups(41 & 42) for a action.And reference User group as 00.In SU3 maintained UGR as 41,i was able to see my action in PA40.But when i make UGR blank in SU3 and maintain reference user group as 41,in PA40 im not able to see my action.Pls find screen shots for this issue.

Pls guide me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nisha,

kedhar and Neha said correct, if UGR is blank in SU3, it will not display any action,

if you remove UGR , MOL from SU3, you will be able to view all actions.

To display your customized actions, you should maintain UGR as 41 in SU3. that will display actions which has user group 41 as well as 42.

Nirali P

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What effect would be if there if reference user group is maintained as 00.As i consider keeping reference user group as 00 will solve my problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

If you keep 00 for all country actions then you don't have control on Country specific Actions or any action based process, take different user groups for each country & accordingly you can configure in your system.

:Kedhar

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kedar,

I have maintained 2 user groups and maintained the country specific infotypes in each user group. Im clear about this.  But i want to know what will be the effect if reference user group is not maintained and how important it is.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

It's just used for differentiating UGR country wise, it doesn't mean only for reference. Based on this one you can take group all your country specific actions based on this one.

Hope you understand.

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks everyone for ur replies. I tried of a possible solution. Pls correct me if it can be used in regular practice.

1/  In Hiring action assigned User group 00,40,41,42.  Where 40,41 and 42 are country specific and 00 has the basic infotypes which are common for all the countries.For the actions i maintained reference user group as 00.

2/ In su3 suppose user group is not mainatined...it checks for reference user group which is 00.And executes the infotypes mainatined for User group 00.

In this way...when user group is maintained the actions get executed correctly...and even if user group is not maintained based on reference group 00 actions are executed.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Yes it is a regular practice whenever multiple actions are involved for multiple countries.

Regards

Neha

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the option User_dep

In this field you can indicate whether the menu or the info group is user group dependent or not i hope it works check.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove UGR as well as MOL from SU3 - > parameters section. You should be able to view it.

For UGR blank, you will not be able to view anything. For UGR - 41, you will be able to view infogroup as per 41 and similarly for 42, you will be able to view for 42

Regards

Neha

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.Then what is the Use of Reference User Group.As per SAP reference User group is used when User group is not maintained.I made UGR blank in SU3, considering that if UGR is not maintained system will check for Reference User Group.And Reference user group i maintained as 41,which means it shud execute the Info types maintained in User group  41.

Pls correct me if im wrong

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXACTLY

former_member223217
Participant
0 Kudos

Pls guide me ,what is the issue with it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Keeping UGR blank does not refer to any entry and hence, ref UGR will not come into role. In case you do not maintain that entry (UGR row is not there), then ref UGR will be referrred to.

Hope this helps to answer.

Regards

Neha

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is standard SAP functionality where you have configured the system with reference group since the user who is having user group as 41 can only see the menu of actions.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If UGR is blank in SU3 then definitely nothing will display, what is the issue here. Your UGR of Actions & SU3 need to match to display Actions.