cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for SAP implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm new to SAP so i want some important help from you.

I want to do one implementation and in that I want to setup FI, CO, MM, SD, PP, QM and PM modules with HA on Windows Platform for 20k SAPS.

Now my questions are:

1. For Hardware sizing I check in quick size and it is actually difficult for using so can you please suggest for 20K SAPS for Production and 3k for DEV and 3k for Qua.

2. What about SAPS its based on no. of modules or No.of users ? if on no. of users then the users of entire system or module wise ?

2.ECC server is require ?

2.How to setup these modules? i means i need to install all these modules on separate servers or i will get all these modules in ECC system itself?

3.How is the licensing ? it is module wise ? or one license for all modules ?

4.For this i need to setup Devlopement and Quality server also ? If yes then what about licensing ?

5.What about Database ? How is the licensing if i go for Oracle?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. For Hardware sizing I check in quick size and it is actually difficult for using so can you please suggest for 20K SAPS for Production and 3k for DEV and 3k for Qua.

--> refer SAP - Published Benchmark Results This should give you a basic idea on your requirement.

2. What about SAPS its based on no. of modules or No.of users ? if on no. of users then the users of entire system or module wise ?

-->Refer to SAP Standard Application Benchmarks

2.ECC server is require ?

--> Yes, for the modules you have mentioned.

2.How to setup these modules? i means i need to install all these modules on separate servers or i will get all these modules in ECC system itself?

--> You can't setup each module separately, these are part of SAP ERP (ECC) package.

3.How is the licensing ? it is module wise ? or one license for all modules ?

--> There are various licensing types available for SAP. I would suggest to contact your regional SAP sales office. Visit sap.com site and then get the contact numbers for your country/region.

4.For this i need to setup Devlopement and Quality server also ? If yes then what about licensing ?

--> No license for DEV/TEST/sandbox systems but you may have to pay the ABAP developer userIDs

5.What about Database ? How is the licensing if i go for Oracle?

--> DB license is included in your SAP license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil for your reply .

Actually the SAP quick sizer is difficult for me can you please tell me that what hardware sizzing i need for 18000 saps for Production and 3000 for DEV and QA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, This link may help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all for your reply.

Now actually i'm plannning to setup BW 7.02 system so which swpm version i need to download for the same ?

Also some one told me that swpm only supports 720 kernels for 700  kernels swpm dont support

is this correct ?

Please help