cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant determination in packing at shipment level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For a business reason, it is required to perform the packing at shipment level with SSCC. I have maintained the number ranges, number range object for SSCC, SSCC ILN codes for plant/storage location combination and respective packaging material type/material group for packaging material configurations. I have also extend the respective packaging material master to sales.General/plant data.

I'm using the plant determination attribute as 'A - Plant proposed from packaging material' in packaging material type. When I try to pack at shipment level I noticed that the system could not able to find the respective plant, which result missing ILN code error. I tried to pack at delivery level with same configurations, and I could successfully pack at delivery level.

Could you please suggest what is stopping the plant determination? Appreciate your suggestions.

Please note, we are not using SAP WM, but we are using 3PL warehouse.

BR,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you maintain the delivering plant in the sales view of the packaging material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. Yes, I maintained the delivering plant, but still i get the error. The packing function works fine when i pack at delivery level. I face this issue when i pack at shipment level.

BR,
Karthik.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just talked to colleague whose main focus is transportation  and he said that automatic packing in a shipment is not possible. Further he said that he doesn't need a plant for non-inventoried packaging, and that he can't imagine to use inventoried packaging since there is no goods issue function in shipment. Usually the packing function in the shipment is used for the means of transport. packing the HUs from the deliveries onto a truck.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support Jurgen. I agree on the goods issue part for the packaging materials. I'll raise an note to SAP on subject topic.

Thanks again.

BR

Karthik.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keep me updated here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your support. I understand that standard SAP does not support to determine plant at shipment level, as there could be multiple plants/storage locations in each delivery. In order to meet the businss requirement, we decided to maintain an ILN code with a blank data in plant/storage location combination along with an external number range. However we are moving ahead to develop custom logic in FM LE_SSCC_GENERATE, so that we can identify the right ILN per plant (will be maintained in a Z* table), external number range.

BR

Karthik.